Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Meet BWAC Artist: Laurent Jacquinot

I recently spent a delightful afternoon assisting Laurent Jacquinot as a greeter at the front desk at BWAC. A long time member, as you will read below, he has great skill in encouraging donations as visitors enter. I was learning from the best. 



One of Laurent's contributions to the HereinJamaica project.  Photo Credit: Ariela Kader

 1. Why do you make art?

I don't know. Maybe so that the viewer (hopefully) benefits in some way, as well as for the enjoyment it sometimes brings me.


2. What tools/materials do you find essential in your studio?

I don't have a studio, and the tools and materials that I currently find essential are: paper, a pencil and an eraser. Also, one tool which is technically non-essential but very useful to me is a stump.


3. Where do you find inspiration?

Architectural details and human faces, among other things.


4. How long have you been a member of BWAC and what has been the greatest benefit?

I joined in 2007, and maybe the greatest benefit for me has been the friends I've made there.


5. Please include one image of work you think best represents your creative vision. Why?




Erigove, graphite drawing, 8"x 6"


I've chosen this portrait as it might be my best drawing. Also, it has a delicate quality, which might be an artistic trait of mine.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sensitive drawing, and enjoyed reading this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed seeing his work. Please share the link on your social media and let others know about Laurent's work and the BWAC Buzz.

    ReplyDelete